Marina boat slips vary from one another, but all of them offer many advantages to boaters who spend a lot of time on the water. Some of their many benefits include:
- Convenience. It is much easier and more time-effective to dock your boat than to put it in and pull it out every time you go boating.
- Security. Marinas are generally very safe, protected by locked gates. Some marinas also offer 24/7 security via cameras or guards that patrol the marina grounds.
- It’s ready when you are. When your boat is docked, it’s always waiting for you when you’re ready to go.
- Onsite amenities. Most marinas have shops containing boating supplies and snacks, restrooms, shower facilities, restaurants and bars. They also tend to be surrounded by pleasant outdoor areas.
- Community. By having a slip in a marina, you reap the benefits of being a member of a social community.
- Shop, shop, shop. There is no substitute for good, old fashioned bargain hunting, so invest time in shopping. Go talk to personnel at a variety of marinas in your area to start price comparing.
- Use the Internet. Websites like pickaslip.com allow you to do detailed searches for slips on a wide variety of popular bodies of water in the United States.
- Advertise. Put up a flyer on community boards at marinas, coffee shops, and anywhere else you have the opportunity; include what you’re seeking and how much you want to pay. You can also advertise in your local newspaper classifieds and on popular buy/sell websites like craigslist.org.
- Talk it up. Tell everyone you know what you’re looking for so they can help you spread the word.
If you think it’s time you start enjoying more time on the water and less hauling a boat to and from the water, we at HALO Insurance & Benefits Group wish you good luck in your search for the perfect slip!