Some tips to consider:
· Install an anti-theft device.
· Never leave the keys in the vehicle, or the vehicle running, while unattended.
· Keep doors locked at all times, and windows up.
· Never store valuables or packages in plain sight.
· Have your VIN etched into windows and other parts of your car, making resell on the black market more difficult.
· When parking on the street, turn your wheels, use your emergency brake, and park between other cars (making it harder for a thief to tow).
· Avoid parking in long-term lots if at all possible.
· Park in a safe, well-lit, or well-traveled area at night.